RECRUITMENT OF THE M&E OFFICER
Cheshire Homes Society of Zambia (CHSZ) is looking for suitably qualified individual for its CBM funded “Inclusion of children with neurodevelopmental disabilities”, Zambia Project being implemented in 3 districts of Lusaka Province (Chongwe, Lusaka and Kafue). The project runs until 31.12.2024.
In this project, the direct target group are trained via existing and newly formed support groups, so that they can better support their children with neurodevelopmental disorders in everyday life. This is through a participatory training programme developed for parents/carers of children with cerebral palsy. The programme is designed to complement medical services and includes lessons on everyday topics related to child handling (feeding, carrying, communication, stimulation, etc.) delivered on a weekly basis to parents of children with neurodevelopmental disorders.
Job title: M&E Officer
Reporting to: Project Manager
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Lead in development of the project’s M&E framework and work plan.
- Support the implementation of the project and effectively coordinate the Monitoring and Evaluation activities of the project.
- Execute M&E activities and support in fulling M&E functions in all the partners
- Ensuring data, timeliness, quality, and validity in all project reports.
- Review quarterly reports to ensure high-quality reports are submitted on time
- and facilitate quality data collection
- Evaluate program outcomes against approved work plans and set objectives.
- Work collaboratively with the partners and different stakeholders in the area of monitoring and evaluation as need be.
- Facilitate the timely documentation of project results, challenges, and best practices.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field. The Candidates with Master Degree would be an added advantage.
- At least two or more years’ relevant work experience in M&E in a multi-year development project
- Have competence and experience working with relevant statistical packages (e.g. Advanced Excel, STATA, SPSS etc).
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills to all levels of staff.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to final stages and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills, good organizational skills, ability to deal with various stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent report writing and data management skills
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision and work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit their credentials, that is CV and cover letter to the following Email Addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org until 10th October 2023.