IDENTIFIED CORE PROBLEMS IN CHILD PROTECTION
- Children with disabilities are more vulnerable to abuse both in the home and school environment.
- Children with disabilities face stigmatization due to negative attitudes by society which leads to exclusion and marginalization.
- Children with disabilities are also abused by their caregivers who are entrusted to look after them.
- To sensitize communities to respect and protect the rights of children with disabilities.
- To promote the safety, human rights, wellbeing, resilience and health development of children with disabilities.
- To strengthen the skills and capacities of institutions and communities towards the elimination of violence and exploitation against children with disabilities.
- To conduct child counselling to children with disabilities in order to increase their self-esteem and inculcate a positive mindset.