Job Advert; Project Accounts Assistant at Cheshire National Office.
1. Project Accounts Assistant (1)
Job title: Project Accounts Assistant
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The successful candidate will:
• Be responsible for all accounting and commercial activities of the Project with a full awareness of the General Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls over financial reporting.
• Develop and maintain the Project accounting systems, accurately imputing expenditure against correct codes and projects.
• Be responsible for and manage income received from the Lead Partner and to prepare accurate monthly financial reports, expenditure reports and any other reports as requested by the supervisor.
Be responsible for ensuring that all staff receive the correct contractual salaries and ensure correct deductions are made and submitted together with returns on time to the relevant authorities.
• Be responsible for the preparation of the annual, quarterly budgets and cash requests.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and submit to the Finance Manager together with bank statements every first week of the month.
• Take the lead in the annual audits of the project with the support from the Finance Manager.
• Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Diploma in Accountancy or degree in accounting and/or a recognized accounting qualification (ZICA Tech, CAT or part qualified ACCA or equivalent)
• Member of ZICA
Essential other requirements:
• Knowledge of designing and implementing financial controls and systems.
• A good understanding of budgets and strong financial management skills.
• Good or Excellent Excel user.
• Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting package.
• Ability to work independently.
• Worked for NGOs for more than 3 years.
• Experience in managing institutional donor funds (e.g. EU, DFID, USAID).
How to Apply: Applicant must submit their credentials that is CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 9th October 2020.