IDENTIFIED CORE PROBLEMS IN WORK AND INCOME
- Children who fail to do well at school, eventually drop out and they lack any other means of support to enable them contribute meaningfully in society.
- There is high unemployment levels among youngsters with disabilities.
- Lack of skills training centres for youth with disabilities.
- Children with disabilities and their families cannot afford to meet the daily basic needs as most of them live below the poverty datum line.
- Lack of deliberate Policy by the Government to compel companies or Government Ministries to employ person with disabilities.
- To empower youngsters with disabilities between the ages of 18 – 25 to become financially self reliant.
- To facilitate vocational training to enable youngsters with disabilities to gain employment or start their own businesses.
- To economically empower persons with disabilities through employment in the general employment sector and or engage in small scale business entrepreneurship.
- To facilitate micro credit loan scheme for small scale entrepreneurship to engage in running of small scale businesses on a self-employed basis.
- To conduct advocacy campaign to facilitate job placement for persons with disabilities through the Disabled People’s Organisation (DPOs).