Cheshire Homes Society of Zambia seeks to hire a qualified candidate to fill in the Position of Project Manager on JDs IE Projectthe Inclusive Education Project be based in Chipata, Eastern Zambia.
Job title: Project Manager – Inclusive Education Project
Reporting to: Executive Director, Cheshire Homes Society of Zambia
Location: Chipata, Zambia
Assuming full responsibility for the overall management of the inclusive education project finances, programmes, monitoring, learning and evaluation, staff, relationships with Government ministries, communities and partners.
Purpose of the Job
- Effectively managing project finances, staff and resources.
- Taking the lead in the development, sharing and dissemination of monthly Key Performance Indicator reports, quarterly and annual reports, case studies and human interest stories.
- Taking the lead in facilitating health and educational assessments, providing practical support to teachers, and facilitating training for project staff.
- Managing the project communication and visibility plan.
- Working with partners to develop, manage, implement, monitor, evaluate, report on and learn from the inclusive education project.
- Taking the lead in developing work plans and managing the monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning function of the inclusive education project.
- Assessing training needs of key stakeholders including partners, government officials, and leading on capacity building training on disability and inclusive education.
- Taking responsibility for identifying external training providers as necessary.
- Developing resources and communication materials on disability, inclusive education and livelihoods.
- Developing links and building relationships with key parner officials, DPOs, NGOs / INGOs and government ministries.
- Taking the lead on sharing best practices and learning related to inclusive education with key stakeholders.
- Participating in and representing CHSZ at relevant education forums, networks and meetings.
- Supporting the development of new programmes for CHSZ.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Development Studies, Project Management, Social Work, Health Sciences, or any other relevant qualification. A masters degree will be an added advantage.
Essential other requirements:
- At least 5 years’ experience working in education, development, or social work.
- Experience of developing and managing effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to travel within Zambia and ready to work with rural and vulnerable communities.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Experience in managing institutional donor funds.
- Ability to work independently and ready to work outside normal work hours.
- Good understanding of budgets and financial management.
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills.
How to Apply: Applicant must submit their credentials that is CV and cover letter to email@example.com or Mailing Address to The Executive Director P.O BOX 320059, Lusaka before 15th February 2019.