IDENTIFIED CORE PROBLEMS IN EDUCATION
- Children with disabilities do not have access to education.
- Children with disabilities are not sufficiently guided on their career opportunities thereby limiting what the children can do.
- Children with disabilities have problems of accessibility within most school premises.
- Lack of trained teachers in inclusive education in most schools.
- Lack of teaching materials in most schools for children with disabilities.
- To increase the number of children with disabilities attending primary and secondary education.
- To improve the learning environment for children with disabilities especially those in regular schools.
- To promote inclusive education of children with disabilities in the mainstream schools.
- In conjunction with Ministry of Education to rehabilitate, make adaptations and provide resource materials and restocking in all implementing schools.
- To promote teacher short-term training in disability and special needs teaching.